DirecTV Partners With Non-Profits To Give Back To CommunitySeptember 15, 2011 No Comments
Category: DIRECTV News and Specials
In an effort to help donate to the community, DirecTV will contribute $10,000 for every 50,000 fans that vote, to the nonprofit that receives the most fan votes (up to $50,000). Currently right around 37,000 fan votes casted, they only need about 1,300 more votes. It is very simple to cast your vote, all you need to do is head over and like DirecTV on Facebook. It is under the welcome tab you will see the app where you can cast your vote. Here is a list of the five nonprofits that are participating:
- American RedCross: Over the past 17 years, DirecTV has given more than $1.3 million in cash and in-kind donations to support the Red Cross and its disaster relief efforts. Since 2010, DirecTV has supported the Red Cross’ international relief and recovery efforts in Haiti and Japan.
- Habitat for Humanity of Tuscaloosa: DirecTV has partnered with HFH on their disaster response efforts related to the April 2011 tornadoes in the Southeast. They have provided almost 100 employees with grants to support their local efforts.
- Arbor Day Foundation: Arbor Day Foundation’s mission is to inspire people to plant, nurture and celebrate trees. DirecTV is partnering with them in the upcoming months to help with tree-planting and volunteer projects related to a sustainability initiative put forth by the Arbor Foundation.
- DonorsChoose.org: DirecTV partnered with Donors Choose.org to donate a portion of the rental proceeds of the documentary film ‘Waiting for Superman’ on DirecTV Cinema to educational projects. The donation venture totaled $20,000 and help fund 26 Science, Technology, Engineering and Math projects, reaching nearly 4,000 K-12 students.
- Washington, D.C. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial: DirecTV is a major donor to the memorial, and they hope to introduce students to it and enrich what they learn about Dr. King and the civil rights era by providing complimentary educational programming through their DirecTV Goes to School Program.
Thanks to those of you that have already voted, DirecTV has donated $20,000 to Charity so far. Log in and cast your vote to help support one of these other great charities. To order your satellite TV programming package today visit us at Direct Choice Satellite or call (888)566-3979. What Charity is your favorite?
Tags: charities, direct choice satellite, directv, directv programming, donations, non-profits, satellite tv